(By new, I mean new to me. They’ve actually been around for awhile. And by sexy, I mean…. well, you know.)
Have you ever seen FIVE musicians play an amazing song, all playing at the same time on ONE guitar? I hadn’t, until I saw this video on You Tube by a band called Walk Off The Earth. (If you’ve already heard of them, you are way more “in the know” than me!) Their song “Somebody That I Used To Know” is really, really catchy and cool. As an added bonus, they are all “do-me” good looking and they all have crazy good voices.
Before you check out the video though, here’s a little background on this super cool band. They are Canadian, their style is Indie, and they have been playing together for about 6 years. One day this past February, they posted their “Somebody That I Used To Know” video on You Tube. In true You Tube fashion, the video went viral – to the tune of 80 million views in two months. Holy
SHIT Wow!! Now, they have a record deal with Columbia. Next, they’ll be as rich as Peyton Manning. Well, almost. (See my Peyton Manning post here)
When you watch the video, make sure to view it on your full screen – it’s much cooler that way! Click here to watch the “Somebody That I Used To Know video!
If you thought that was cool, check out the cover they did of Adele’s “Someone Like You”. Again, I LOVE. Click here to see the Adele cover!
Looks like we have a new band to look out for…. Goodie!
What do YOU think of them?
ps — If you haven’t already, please support me and subscribe to my blog! (Home page – top right menu bar. BTW, I think you have to do this on your computer, not on your phone.)
Silicon Valley Mommy UPCOMING Stories/Blogs Are:
– Etsy and some cute stuff – and a bunch of Etsy GIVEAWAYS!
– Toy Closet/Storage HELL
– Up close and personal with amazing & SENSUAL artist, Nicole Etienne
– A day in the life of a NICU nurse
– Spring FASHION MUST HAVES (& where to get them)
– Interview with a CELEBRITY Assistant
– Review (and possible deal) from a MULTI-TALENTED local photographer
– Solutions to nightmare PLAYDATES
– My weekly top 5 FAVORITE BLOG POSTS – from mommy bloggers (& others) all over the Internet. (You don’t have to do the searching, I’ll do it for you!)
– And lots, lots MORE!!!